To become an FIFAA, the requirements are:
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Aged over 25
- Qualified to the highest standard achievable within your own Institute or Association. CIAA’s category of membership, “Level III” in adjusting meets the required standards for the FIFAA accreditation and is outlined in our constitution as follows:
- Must be employed by a licensed and practicing CIAA/ACEI member firm.
- Must successfully complete the following IIC courses:
- C 111 Advanced Loss Adjusting
- C 112 Practical Issues in Claims Management
- Elective CIP Course
- C 16 The Business of Insurance, or
- Must have attained their CIP/AIIC designation with the Insurance Institute of Canada, or hold a principal – “full” Independent Adjuster license in their primary – resident jurisdiction;
- Must have a minimum of sixty (60) months of employment as a licensed Insurance Adjuster or sixty (60) months employment as a claims examiner, staff adjuster, or claims manager in a general insurance company or a combination thereof; within the immediate preceding ten (10) year period; with the most recent twenty-four (24) months of employment as a licensed independent adjuster.
- No Level III, Level II, or Level I member shall use after their name any letters or words to indicate that they are a member, Level I, Level II, or Level III of the Association.
As a Fellow of the IFAA you receive many professional benefits some of which are listed below:
- Entitled to use designation FIFAA
- Certificate of Fellowship
- Discounted rates to the IFAA Educational Conferences
Fellowship of the IFAA would incur an annual fee of $65.00, Canadian funds. The IFAA member Institute/Association for administration costs will retain a portion and the remainder will go to the IFAA.