Membership as a Level III Adjuster is open to licensed individuals who are associated with or employed by a Member Firm. Every adjuster employed by a Member Firm shall be required to qualify as a Level III by one of the following methods, and shall satisfy the Executive Committee that:
- Must be employed by a licensed and practicing CIAA/ACEI member firm.
- Must successfully complete the following IIC courses:
- C 111 Advanced Loss Adjusting
- C 112 Practical Issues in Claims Management
- Elective CIP Course
- C 16 The Business of Insurance, or
- Must have attained their CIP/AIIC designation with the Insurance Institute of Canada, or hold a principal – “full” Independent Adjuster license in their primary – resident jurisdiction;
- Must have a minimum of sixty (60) months of employment as a licensed Insurance Adjuster or sixty (60) months employment as a claims examiner, staff adjuster, or claims manager in a general insurance company or a combination thereof; within the immediate preceding ten (10) year period; with the most recent twenty-four (24) months of employment as a licensed independent adjuster.
- No Level III, Level II, or Level I member shall use after their name any letters or words to indicate that they are a member, Level I, Level II, or Level III of the Association.
Certificate Order Form & Fee
Step 1: Complete Order Form & Pay Fee Online
Upon clicking the button below, you will be prompted to enter you billing details and complete the order form to receive your certifcate. Then you must enter your payment details and pay the $35 fee.
Optional: Download and complete the Order Form, mail the completed Order Form to CIAA and enclose a $35 cheque made out to Canadian Independent Adjusters’ Association.
Note: there is a 3% service charge for payments made online.