- Identifying Purposes
- Limiting Collection
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- Individual Access
- This policy covers how CIAA treats personal information that CIAA collects and receives, including information related to your past use of CIAA products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that CIAA does
not own or control, or to people that CIAA does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- CIAA collects personal information when you register with CIAA, when you use CIAA products or services, when you visit CIAA pages or the pages of certain CIAA partners, and when you enter promotions. CIAA may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, postal/zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we may also ask for your address, and information about your assets. Once you register with CIAA and sign in to our forums and for our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- CIAA collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your click-through’s to our partners and sponsors.
- CIAA automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, CIAA cookie information, and the page you request.
- CIAA uses information for the following general purposes: to customize
the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and
services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide
anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Policy Regarding Children Under 13 Years of Age
All registered members of the CIAA and users of the forums must be 13 years of age or over. You are fully responsible for any information or file supplied. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums. In your use of these forums, you agree that you will not post any information which is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- CIAA does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with
other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services
you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with CIAA under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help CIAA communicate with you about offers from CIAA and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- CIAA does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- CIAA advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- CIAA may set and access CIAA cookies on your computer.
- CIAA lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to CIAA's cookies.
- CIAA uses and access CIAA cookies inside and outside our network of web
sites and in connection with CIAA products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your CIAA Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time, contact us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the CIAA service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the CIAA Newsletter, that are considered part of your CIAA account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can delete your CIAA account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact us at email@example.com about information that might possibly remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your CIAA Account Information is password-protected.
- CIAA may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes
in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary
email address specified in your CIAA account or by placing a prominent notice
on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org