Adjuster Level 1
This is an entry level license that requires the licensee to have all reports signed by a level 2 or level 3 adjuster.
• Must successfully complete The General Insurance Essentials Program — Part 1 and Part 2, which are available through the Insurance Institute. The results are only valid for licensing purposes for a period of one year from completion date.
Adjuster Level 2
Must have authorization to represent a licensed firm and have met one of the following education and experience requirements:
• The Insurance Institute Courses General Insurance Essentials (Parts 1 and 2), C110
and C111 and 2 consecutive years experience as a licensed level 1 adjuster.
• The Insurance Institute Courses C11, C110 and C111 and 2 consecutive years experience as a licensed level 1 adjuster.
• The Insurance Institute Courses C110, C111, C112 and any other four Insurance Institute Courses and 2 consecutive years adjusting experience.
• All Insurance Institute Courses leading to a CIP designation and 1 year adjusting experience.
Adjuster Level 3
• A level 3 adjuster license reflects a supervisory or management position. Applicants must demonstrate they hold such a position, and are required to have a higher level of education and experience than a level 2 licensee.
• Must have successfully completed the courses leading to a CIP or FCIP designation and have been licensed as an adjuster for 5 of the preceding 7 years, with at least 3 of those years as a licensed level 2 insurance adjuster.
Continuing Education Requirements
• If you have an approved designation (CAIB, CIB, CIP, CCIB, FCIP, CRM) you must have 4 qualified hours of continuing education.
• If you have been licensed as an adjuster for at least 5 of the last 7 years in a Canadian jurisdiction, and you do not have an approved designation you must have 6 qualified hours of continuing education.
• If you have not been licensed as an adjuster for at least 5 of the last 7 years in a Canadian jurisdiction and you do not have an approved designation you must have 8 qualified hours of continuing education.
* For level 1 and 2 licensees only technical material qualifies. For level 3 licensees, courses related to management, accounting and human resources qualify, as well.
For further details, please go to: